Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Light News -- We need it

News networks might have highlighted the beatification in Vatican and the seeming magical union of the royalties in London too much, I would say. But well, I can't blame them -- that's public interest and news should go for what is bankable and marketable to the audiences for them to thrive, well, financially.

Yet, these things are worth watching despite my being non-catholic, non-orthodox, and an antagonist to the unfairness of social levels. Though I fancy the thought of the realities of royalties ever since I had my real name changed to "The Rock Royalty" in the old Friendster then.


Really. There's too many good reasons to watch news today. First, it's public interest. Second, it's public interest. Third, it's still public interest. Aside from those three, I have come up with about 30 more reasons but I'd rather not discuss them. I'd like to get to the prime reason -- Simple. It's embedded on the next phrase. We - you and me - need light news.

And I need more of that.

I have been drowned too much the past weeks about depressing scenes flashing the TV, that if you have been slightly fainthearted, it will turn you officially fainthearted. In the end of the day, you'll end up getting frustrated over the superficiality of the news

Gripping. Saddening. Frustrating. Angst.Disaster. Danger. Sometimes sexual. Most, deadly -- I couldn't imagine all those words mixed together. So there were times I thought Willie Revillame has, somehow, a very specific reason to exist -- to twist the night. Let me talk a little about that.

Well, I guess that's a brilliant idea. We have been drowned with too much negativity in our news programs -- this is the core of the founding of TV5's "Willing-Willie" and their statement is quite convincing: "Why watch bad news when you can enjoy and feel good?" But seriously, I don't feel good seeing child abuse in primetime or anywhere else. Seriously. =)

Many times, I caught myself in anxiety, I can't stand the negativity of media. The news has adversely led and will continue leading us to one common thought -- that there's no hope at all in this cruel world. Everything is ill-fated and seeing these news items, we become inclined to believing that we are going inside a tunnel so dark we could be saved no more.

But there's a fact: God is alive. Everything that happens now -- the good and the bad -- I can safely say that he has plans in hand that all of us would not decipher.

Whether good news or bad meets us in the early morning tomorrow, let's just take it all in -- that's the reality of life. But let's not make all these a way for us to loosen or worst, lose our faith to Him. Let this not transform a negative but a positive instead: to turn our hearts closer to the God who controls the mix of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment