Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Poem for Woo

Today
Joel S. Aba


Today, I officially ceased to expect
...that life offers best for those who deserve
...that life is fair and everything is constant;
...that everything magical never comes to an end.

Yes, I very well did know that too,
yet love had made me believe it so;
there aren't no doubts, no fear, no pain;
but now it left me scathed out in the rain

When you said you'd leave, you know I struggled to breathe;
I managed to smile to cover what was felt
Like a kite almost flown in the air but ceased,
and went spiral to the ground
Like death
Like sorrow
Just when a show close their curtains
But not like when spectators gaze in amazement
More like when audiences cry in sorrow
when the actors die and their spirit wave as they flow

When to start, and how, and where, but now?
When I have fallen completely in my eyes it's clear
vivid as crystals, vivid as it could ever be
...that I have now planted seeds and the life has come nearer to my sight
when the map has set a road for me, right now -- for my life

Going strong yet weaker
Going close but farther
Going robust yet not as what the mind perceives
not what the heart receives.

Goodbye lies ahead, I know I should free you--
but when, but how, but why, but now?

 ----For Woo.












No comments:

Post a Comment