Monday, May 16, 2011

The Great Poke

It started with a poke.


Poke seems so simple to do. It doesn't need alot of effort. But this blog did undergo alot of mind-crashing effort. It went through alot of scratch that this is, to be honest, the third draft I have created. I don't know why its always been hard for me to start a blog when I'm inlove. Perhaps, I just want it drafted specially, but i realized,superficiality does not work. It just needs a barrel of plain honesty - just like this.

I am inlove, and I know my friends have been really disappointed of me when I failed my 1 year and a half. This time, I am proud to say I got a new one after 3 months of waiting, 3 months of expectations that went failed, 3 months of longing, and 3 months of being adrift.

Now, I know there's a direction I am headed to - right beside the person I love whom I am very hopeful with.


Monotony has to stop right here. Relationships these days have always been as simple as poking - it's easy to grab, it's always there, wild and free. Getting a fast-paced dating is too rampant in my love archives. Perhaps, that's how alot of relationships go these days. This generation, you can find love easily than never before. This generation I am into has unfortunately lost the essence of patience and perseverance - the one similar to the 50s style - to achieve happiness in love. But now, you can find love by a simple click in Facebook, or by looking for faces and sites where you'd get a match in one click.

My new one, by the way, also came so easily like a poke. But enjoying the partnership will not be as fast as you might think.

My relationship now is totally different. I know I need to place double trusts, double perseverance, and double hardships before we both can achieve the peak of love - simply because we're thousands of miles apart.

This time, I have never been willing to take this chance and challenge ever before. I know this will be a little hard, but God intended this to start the hard way. Relationships should start the hard way, before it could take the summit. This is what i really need.

I grew tired of easy games, of meeting up and "like" each other then go right straight to commitment. I want to very well boil patience, understanding, and trust despite distance. Most especially, here's what she sent me over my inbox:

Our relationship is like culinary arts. You and I are chefs, we prepare the right recipe/ingredients in order for us to have a fantastic cuisine and even add a little spice to spice up our relationship, add a dash of fidelity, sprinkle some passion, and pour some LOVE.

We poked, and started poking before we finally came to this level. But this doesn't mean this relationship is going to end like a poke. Eventually, we will prove that bigger things come from small packages. The poking will significantly come a really long way because I never have had been reassured in my life like this. I have found a romantic partner, the greatest reassurance of all - someone who won't leave me, instead tread the directions to my path to make it possible for both our roads to meet.

Someone who has all the time encouraged me that THIS IS GOING TO WORK if we let it happen. Most importantly, someone who values me like how she values herself.

For the poker, you have no idea how much i love you. I know this is the start of something new. A start of something better and longer... a start of a lifetime. We will both make it until we finally get into the glorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment