Thursday, March 31, 2011

Realizations from 1 year and a half =)

You, readers, might have seen the obvious change i created on this blog. I changed it to a fresh and simpler look - so simple that you can't see anything but a few icons, bars, and words placed properly intact. At this time, I'm going to find ways to personalize this a little (probably a huge photo in the background would help) for marketability to blogworld. =)

At this point of the year, I know I am more than ready to make a blog to close the archives - expose a rundown of realizations that dawned on me in the "a-year-and-a-half relationship" I closed 2 months ago.

I care not if people tell me, "You're not over it," for making this post. At least I know that right inside my heart - even to the outskirts of it - I know I am done with it... even faster than what i thought.


Here are the tidbits I'd like to share for you today:

POINT 1: NOT all seemingly fairytale start finishes in a fantasy-like close-curtains. Movies aren't similar to relationships. In movies, writers control the ending of a story. Unlike Disney's where every struggle, however cosmic it had all turned out, all ends up in a "happily ever after". However, relationships do not at all end with a similar fate. Holes are around - you can't see it and you can fall anytime to a bunch of shit.

POINT 2: Both ends can tie if they make it possible. Conciliation can be done by two through compromise. However, if one party fails to submit to conciliation, that is where worse becomes worst.

POINT 3: Never leave an issue unresolved. If it's resolved, bury it to hell. Pain can hide in the interstices of the mind, worst, the heart. It may show a facade of recovery, but there will come a time, more so if a similar issue goes back to the picture, the hidden unresolved issues meddles in its weight and even more blocks reconciliation and compromise.

POINT 4: Reassure the partner (Tap a partner's back). This, I have done so many times. Yet, I was never reassured and that was one of the reasons why things have all failed. Relationship is a set of chapters and chapters of reassurance. Like plants, it dies when it's not fed. The other one is to appreciate every little thing your partner does for you or for others. It feels deeper when appreciation comes from a partner.

Most importantly...

POINT 5: There's the positive. Sometimes, we need to hurt someone just so we can find our path - something very brillaint Ricci Larena-Pacana shared to me yesterday. We need to be hurt not just to make us strong, but so that we can find the person - the right person for us.

It won't matter how magical it was, won't matter how long you have been together - what matters is wether you are for each other. =)

That, i now sense was a good riddance. Indeed, a good riddance. Thanks Heavens!

No comments:

Post a Comment