Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Obsession Shift

I will now bid a temporary farewell to my second girlfriend - Facebook. This happens after 3 months of being banned by my partner of using the site. It was a roller coaster ride, and I consider it a big loss being tagged as "the social network addict" of my publication way back college.

It's been years since I used Facebook (teary-eyed this time), that it has caused me to enjoy the best in life - making friends, meeting-up my partner(s), expressing myself the unique way, being able to tell the world my thoughts in a more vast coverage, being able to greet my friends in a greeting that though channeled through the intranet, it is but still addressed as though personally said.

This and more will make me miss typing "facebook.com" in mozilla firefox address bar. I could even remember my status before: "There are friends I could have forgotten if I did not log in to Facebook".

Now, I will accept the horrid fact that I will soon forget the hundreds of friends and acquaintances whose faces appear on my friend list. So here, below is my friendly "despedida" card that if I could only send to Mark Zuckerburg now, he would wildly appreciate. Here it is:


Sincerely and in tears,
Joel =)


For now, I say sorry for the declined friend request on that website, for the messages that were left abandoned. To you, I say "I shall return!"

Now, just like in relationships, we have to bring ourselves back to normalcy state. We have to bring ourselves back from pieces, and well, search for a new one. And luckily, I have indeed found her:


Yes, he is the founder of twitter, Evan Williams, and I could not explain how thankful I am to this man who made me find my second life (Ehem, sorry for the exaggeration). Now, I am building my site like never before, and realized there are too many narcissistic things I can do in Twitter.com than Facebook - putting your photo as the exact background to the profile (as seen above).


No worries if I get bored. I have twitter friends I can tweet when I miss my Facebook. =)

5 comments:

  1. A "temporary farewell" is just what it is. Temporary. You'll come back soon enough :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sana nga.. Thanks for the comforting words, Splice. haay, if only partners are not too paranoid and not filled with distrust.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha! i share the sentiment but not the dilemma :P thank God i was never on facebook. never liked it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. that's so comforting. It made me miss facebook a little less. Haha.. Hope we'll be friends here Splice and iamanesthesized! You guys got twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  5. blogging can be sooo addicting, too!haha i'd rather blog than join facebook (which i think is more personal) it has some perks as well. friends? why not? i have twitter but i dont twit my status or my rants/raves (minsan ko lang nagagawa yun) i just follow some personalities' tweets

    ReplyDelete