Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Major (major) Mistake

Venus Raj's question created Ms. Philippines' major mistake in life after failing to answer a question in front of a million entertained audience, hopeful Filipinos. But any excuse could be considered - US President Bush had not even answered that question... But now that the pageant's fever took a lower level, Raj's question is not addressed to her alone. We now think over our previous experiences and we answer them as if we were on her shoes.

What was our great mistake?

My mistakes in life were countless. Most of which were minor and irrelevant. One was when I posted a picture on a website and realized there was no way to delete it. I hosted a pageant and I was too late, I was jittery, and was not able to handle the crowd well. I learned from it and did my best to correct them after the next possible opportunity.

As I write this one, I also remembered I failed to graduate at the time expected because of a mistake. I failed to give much attention to matters that could affect my life greatly, rather sought for happiness from other people.

But if asked about what my gravest mistake was, there is only one thing I could recall. That was when I invested my time to the wrong people and to the wrong time.

There are too many mistakes to mention. The truth is: though we commit mistakes, nobody in this earth would ever collect a timepiece of mistakes! It is not that we do not want to answer such a question for reasons that we never admit mistakes.

Truth is, humans have the nature to never think of previous mistakes.

We live in everyday to correct previous mistakes and burn them in our thoughts one at a time. We strive not to commit mistakes but to look forward. We all are given the chance, in everyday, to correct previous mistakes since time immemorial.

2 comments:

  1. wow, i'm moved by this post kuya joh... yes, we are capable of committing mistakes, simple or major2x it may be. but an opportunity to correct it is never taken from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for that Dora.. yes, that's right.. i agree!

    ReplyDelete