Sunday, October 4, 2009

It pains your ass.

The most hard-hitting criticism i have ever heard from somebody was when I was told I was insecure. Another said my hosting in a municipal festival was "not good enough." Another was when I was told I am irresponsible, tactless, and boastful from a group of people I have called my family.

Upon hearing this, I had a hard time figuring out how true those were; wondered, kept asking if i really did wrong, or whether those criticisms were simply made to malign me and demotivate. These irritants of life, i should call, flinch me. I admit some of the criticism were right. but few of them were actually far-flung, and are meant to simply make noise.

In my 6 y
ears of trying to prove something to myself, Thank God, I have learned enough how to play with criticisms. Everytime criticisms hit me as if it were a gun, i pull the bullet strongly out on the part of me I was hit, and in stride I analyze first if these were destructive or constructive before I begin react. I always think of the puzzle this way: there could only be two sides of the coin - one could either be because they are insecure, and the other one could mean its true.


I have always been passive to criticisms. I opened my life publicly to be appreciated, and well, criticized too! I lived being criticized and i find it challenging and life-changing. I never repel, only when there's a need to. And I have practiced constructive criticisms most especially to the people I care the most. "Real friends are those who can be roughly and harshly honest," they say, which I believe is also tantamount to love's.

There is actually no bad thing about criticisms, if only the people did not create the negative connotation masked on it. But there are some who think of it as if those were intended to irritate or demotivate them badly.

There is no "right authority" in criticism. Like our opinions, everyone of us are entitled to criticize constructively other people according to how we see things... and its up to them to either succumb and improve, or ignore and stagnate.

As far as I know, the improved people are those who passively succumb to critics and improve themselves from it. There are even successful people who live in criticisms to make themselves grow... and unless people take criticisms, people will stay on the level they are now. No growth. No improvement.

We just have to embrace criticisms as it were part of us. And to whom it may concern, may you find these words enlightening.



No comments:

Post a Comment