Sunday, February 19, 2012

The Ruins: History, Architecture, and Love

Today marks the 24th hour from the time my jaw dropped in amazement. Yesterday, we had the opportunity of touring down to Talisay, Negros Occidental to visit the historical structure called "The Ruins".

I heard about this before, many times from my close friends from Occidental. Now that I've seen it, I want to even see more of it. But I won't blog alot about how amazing this is, 'cause most assuredly, the photos below will surely tell you of how amazing this mansion was despite being torched in 1930s during the World War II by the Guerrillas (Well, the black edges caused by fire made it even more marvelous). Good riddance!

History speaks about the abundance of great stories about this house. The romantic stories are engraved in the edges of this spanish-inspired mansion built in the early 90s. Don Mariano built this house in memory of his wife, Maria Braga. It's foundations are marked with letters M, placed sidewards on some of its foundations.

This house was built by pure cement with a marble-like effect when you touch its edges.



Touring the place made me proud of Philippines. It did attest that it's not only fun here, but with rich history and beautiful masterpieces that could compete with world's best (notwithstanding romantic stories that could be told).

See more of these photos in my facebook account, http://www.facebook.com/joelaba.

No comments:

Post a Comment